I saw this picture of my Grandma Bev (my Dads mom) at her house. It is her and her Dad, Leon Hall. I thought it would be fun to share this:
This is Grandma Bev talking about her Dad:
Dad was completely honest. He would keep a confidence forever. He loved mother and he loved each of us three children with all his heart. He expected good things from us and taught us by example. He was strict, but loving. I loved the way he always provided a poinsettia for our home at Christmas time.
When we were little, we loved to go "bumming" as we called it with Dad. Most of the time that involved going to the store (J.C. Penney) and helping him mark merchandise in the basement. Sometimes I would even take a nap on an empty shelf down there while Bob and Carol kept putting the marking price stickers onto merchandise. After that, he'd take us next door to a drug store that had a soda fountain where he'd treat us to an ice cream sod or a root beer float. In the evening, we'd often pile into the car and go for a short ride. During world war II gasoline was rationed so we couldn't go far
but I loved those rides! Dad was a super-great bowler. He had a perfect 300 score once, and always bowled in the high 200's. He served in a bishopric, was a stake Sunday School president, a stake missionary.
I loved my dad completely. I knew he trusted me, so I would never do anything to disappoint him.
Now this is about my Dad, David Gardner.
10 things I love about my Dad:
He is so thoughtful of others
He is always there to listen
He is my best friend
His advice is the best and very wise
He would do anything for anyone
I love spending time with him
He is so much fun!
His example has taught me so much
He has helped me to be a leader
His love for his family is unconditional
My Dad means the world to me!!! :)
I Love you Dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment