Saturday, March 7, 2009

Made My Day!


Ok- So I love being a first grade teacher! I have had a great experience and I know I need to write down those funny moments more often, so here is one! If you have read "the pigeon books" you will understand how animated one has to be when reading these stories! They are my favorite! If you haven't had the joy of reading them, I highly recommend them! :)

So the other day I got a new Pigeon book called “Pigeon Wants a Puppy!”- it is hilarious! So I was reading to my class at the end of the day for a fun read aloud and in the middle of the book one of my cute students said, “Miss Gardner, you are good enough to be on Broadway!”- this made me smile and laugh (in my head of course). I thought it was so cute, because she has been to Broadway in New York and she thought that Me (who is the farthest thing away from acting) could be on Broadway! It just made my day! I am so thankful for great students who make my day everyday!
Other pigeon books: Don't let Pigeon ride the bus, Pigeon wants a hot dog, Don't let Pigeon stay up late, and Pigeon has feelings too.

5 comments:

Thomas Family said...

I guess that makes up for all the other stuff you get to listen to. You are an awesome teacher. Janey is alway writing you notes and drawing pictures of you with all of you students. She loves you and is worried about not getting to have you next year.

*Aliese* said...

Oh, I do love the Pigeon books! I read them out loud to my students every year and they're 12! It makes for a good ice breaker. Apparently I act a bit crazy whilst reading them...as you have previously experienced.

Jewls said...

Oh the pigeon! A treat for all. Pigeon wants a hot dog is at the top of my list.. :D

Steph said...

That is adorable. You and I teach VERY different sorts of kids. Mine live in total poverty and yours have been to Broadway musicals! It is crazy-but they do ALL end up saying super funny and cute things that really make all the hard work worthwhile. I am glad you are appreciated for your skills:)

J said...

we have "Don't let Pigeon ride the bus"

I didn't know there were others